Horizontal Waterfalls & The West Kimberley Tour
4 Days 3 Nights Broome to Broome including the Horizontal Falls
4 Days 3 Nights Broome to Broome including the Horizontal Falls
For those without much time, or who are staying in Broome this tour will allow you to explore the highlights of the West Kimberley.
Highlights & Inclusions
Enjoy some of the Icons of the Kimberley. See the spectacular Horizontal Waterfalls and explore the western end of the Gibb River.
- National Park entry fees
- Experienced Guide
- Horizontal Waterfalls
- King Leopold Ranges
- Gibb River Road
- Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge
- Bell Gorge
- Windjana Gorge
- Tunnel Creek
Introduction to the Kimberley – 4 day 3 night – Broome to Broome
This Tour of HF and the Georges of the Kimberley is the Best Value Short Tour the Kimberley Has to Offer
Day One - Broome to Mt Hart (Tunnel Creek & Windjana Gorge)
After pickup in Broome (starting from 6am), we head east on the Great Northern Highway. We visit Tunnel Creek, Western Australia’s oldest cave system where we will take a torch light walking tour along the underground bed as it flows beneath the range.
Explore Windjana Gorge with its vertical limestone cliffs, fossil fish and deep green pools inhabited by dozens of freshwater crocodiles. It is sure to impress with its distinctive primeval feel and you are sure to capture some amazing photographs. Afterwards we turn east on the Gibb River Road and head deep into the heart of the Kimberley and enter the ancient rugged King Leopold Ranges on our way to Mount Hart Wilderness Lodge. The Lodge is nestled in a tropical oasis on the banks of the Barker River and the area abounds with abundant bird and wildlife populations. Enjoy a spectacular sunset before enjoying a hearty meal.
Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge (LD)
Day Two - Bell Gorge
After breakfast at Mt Hart we head to Bell Gorge, one of the most iconic gorges and waterfalls on the Gibb River Road. At its entrance, Bell Gorge has a stunning permanent waterfall. Torrents of water flowing northwest over the millennia from the King Leopold Range have cut down through the ancient sandstone rocks to form a spectacular gorge. It is a great spot for swimming, photography and for enjoying the best of what nature has to offer.
After a moderate one kilometer downhill walk, you can have a swim in this magical Kimberley waterhole at the top of the falls. A picnic lunch will be enjoyed before heading back to Mt Hart for your second night’s stay.
Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge (BLD)
Day Three - Mount Hart Wilderness Lodge
Following breakfast we enjoy and discover the Gorges at Mt Hart. Mt Hart’s proximity to many of the Kimberley’s major attractions, makes an ideal base to explore the region. Enjoy and exploring Annie Creek Gorge and Dolerite Gorge.
The Barker river flows through the center of Dolerite Gorge’s steep cliffs of black dolerite rock. Barker Pool offer a delightful swimming spot where the river comes to a temporary “dead end”.
Enjoy a spectacular dinner under the stars before turning in for your last night under the Kimberley sky.
Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge (BLD)
Day Four - Mt Hart to Broome via Horiztonal Falls
The final leg of our tour will take us to the spectacular Horizontal Falls and Talbot Bay, flying in a seaplane from Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge.
Ensure you have your camera handy for some amazing views from the plane of the beautiful bays and creeks. Experience an exhilarating fast boat ride through the fall. Enjoy a light meal before flying onwards to Broome.
Departure Dates – Tour Notes – Tour Vehicle Info – T&C’s
Horizontal Falls and West the Kimberley - 4 Day Broome to Broome
|Dates for 2021 will be released in due time.|
Please note: If you luggage is more the 5kg, it will be transported by separate vehicle back to Broome.
What to Bring It is recommended that you bring a torch, sandals or old runners for walking in shallow water, broad-brimmed hat, sunscreen, swimming costume and towel, good walking/trekking shoes and a personal water bottle. It is also recommended that you bring insect repellent, warm clothes for the evening (particularly if travelling in Winter), personal toiletries and first aid, with any personal medication required. Pack casual clothing for the journey. Please note all luggage over 5kg will be transported to and from Broome by separate vehicle.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions can be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- This tour include walking over uneven terrain, often in high temperatures. Temperatures can be extreme i.e. very high during summer days and very cold during winter nights. The operator reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Due to distances covered, this trip involves early departures on some morning and frequent stops between destinations.
- This tour is not suitable for children under 14 years of age.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended. Failure to purchase travel insurance may result in out of pocket expenses in the case of accident, illness or road closures. We recommend Travel Insurance that includes coverage for Medical Evacuation.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
Terms & Conditions
These are the Terms and Conditions under which Kimberley Outback Tours noted below. Payment of the Tour deposit represents an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below.
BOOKINGS, DEPOSITS & FINAL PAYMENTS
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% per person per trip for your booking to be confirmed. The deposit will be required within 7 days of booking. The balance of payment is due 30 days prior to departure date. Prices are quoted in Australian Dollars inclusive of GST for Australia and are valid for travel until 30 September 2018.
CREDIT CARD FEES
If paying by credit card a small transaction fee of 1.1% is applicable. Cards accepted are Visa and MasterCard.
For cancellations made within 29 days of your scheduled departure, you will be held financially responsible for your entire reservation, unless Kimberley Outback Tours Pty Ltd can fill the vacancy. Changes of reservation date or early departure are treated as cancellations and will carry the same fee. You
For cancellations made within 29 days of your scheduled departure, you will be held financially responsible for your entire reservation, unless Kimberley Outback Tours Pty Ltd can fill the vacancy. Changes of reservation date or early departure are treated as cancellations and will carry the same fee. You are, however, always welcome to send a friend or a family member in your place.
Note: Management reserves the right to re-assign, cancel or change seats in unforeseen circumstances.
- 30 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit;
- Between15 and 29 days prior to departure, we will retain 50% of the total booking cost
- 14 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
Cancellation fees will not be waived as a result of:
• Sickness or injury.
• Delayed, rescheduled or missed flights or connected travelling.
• Climatic, political or social incidents
HEALTH, FITNESS & MOBILITY
We will assume all passengers are in good health and have a reasonable level of fitness and we are not liable for any injury, illness during any activity. If a passenger requires any special mental or physical assistance, then a companion to help and assist must accompany them.
We will not be responsible for any costs associated with cancellation penalties or the return of passengers from a tour, and a refund for lost touring cannot be claimed.
We strongly recommend comprehensive Travel Insurance be purchased to cover the loss of deposits, medical emergencies and all cancellation costs in case your health and fitness status should change.
BOOKING EXTRAS & LUGGAGE LIMITS
Passengers are requested to notify Kimberley Outback Tours of any special requirements, related to diet or health requirements at the time the booking is made. We will notify all third parties of these requirements and will endeavour to ensure they are met. However, we cannot guarantee that all special requirements will be met in all instances.
Luggage is restricted to 15-20kg soft bags per person with a small day pack for easy access of sunglasses, sunblock, camera, etc.. Passenger’s luggage is entirely at their own risk during the tour.
Kimberley Outback Tours do not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury, loss, damage, change of itinerary or inconvenience caused either directly or indirectly as a result of events which are outside of Kimberley Outback Tours control. Kimberley Outback Tours will not be liable for any loss, damage, omission or act of negligence or otherwise committed by third parties or other operators, their assignees or agents.
Itineraries are correct at time of publication and may differ slightly to the one displayed in the brochure/website. Occasionally itineraries change as operators make changes based on feedback from past travellers or due to weather or conditions.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND PARTICIPATION:
No seats are allocated on tour. Rotation of seats is encouraged for interaction with fellow passengers
- No smoking is allowed on board our tour vehicles.
- At the discretion of Kimberley Outback Tours, if any passengers conduct or condition is creating an unsafe environment for themselves, other passengers or tour operator, they will not be permitted access to the bus to continue the tour and no refund will be paid.
- Most tours require a certain level of participation. This may include assisting and cleaning with the preparation of meals and setting up camp.
Kimberley Outback Tours commenced touring in the Kimberley in 2006. We have gradually expanded across the Kimberley, introducing many Australian and International visitors to our wonderful part of Australia. Kimberley Outback Tours prides itself on offering something for everyone, no matter which way you like to travel, with Tours, Accommodation, Camping and Self Drive Packages. So please come join us as we help you discover the very best of the Kimberley and beyond.
Email: [email protected]
Within Australia: 1300 286 453
Mobile: 0428 880 066
International: +61428 880 066
Reservations & Enquiries:
Please fill out the enquiry form to contact Kimberley Outback Tours for any enquiries you may have, or to reserve your spot on one of our outback tours.
Head Office Located within Ivanhoe Village Caravan Resort: 214 Coolibah Drive Kununurra, Western Australia, 6743
PO Box 232 Kununurra Western Australia 6743