Southern Coast Explorer and Across the Nullarbor
15 night – Perth to Adelaide
Along the way you will visit Busselton, Margaret River, Cape Leeuwin, Albany, Wave Rock, Esperance, Kalgoorlie, cross the Nullarbor, tour the east and west coast of the Eyre Peninsula and visit the Barossa Valley. You will enjoy experiencing fine wineries, viewing spectacular coastlines and inland attractions such as the iconic “Wave Rock” and historic gold mining town of Kalgoorlie.
With the exception of the Granite Skywalk, this tour is suitable for people with only moderate levels of fitness.
The ITINERARY for this tour is still being finalised – Please contact us for further details.
With almost all of the attractions easily accessible this is a tour not to be missed, and one you will talk about for the rest of your life!
- National Park entry fees
- Experienced Guide
- Welcome Tour of Perth in our exclusive “Restaurant Bus”
- Entrance Fees to Tree Top Walk
- Entrance fees to all Museums
- Farewell Dinner in the Barossa Valley
- Margaret River Wine Tastings
- Valley of the GiantsTree Top Walk
- Albany Whale World Tour
- Porongorups Granite Sky Walk
- Wave Rock Sunset Walk
- Cape Le Grande National Park
- Kalgoorlie Super Pit Tour
- Cliffs of the Great Australian Bight
- Barossa Valley Wine Tastings
Day One - Overnight in PERTHOn your arrival in Perth, if required we will meet and greet you at Perth Airport for your complimentary transfer to your hotel in Perth.
In this modern and vibrant city you will enjoy a welcome gourmet dinner onboard our exclusive “Restaurant Bus” where you will meet your crew and fellow passengers to prepare for the memorable adventures ahead.
Perth Hotel – Ensuited Hotel Room (D)
Day 2 - PERTH to AUGUSTASetting off from Perth on our exploration of Southern Australia we travel southwards to our first attraction at Wonnerup House, a fascinating restored early settlers cottage near Port Geographe Marina in Busselton. Then it is off for lunch at the iconic Busselton Jetty that reaches out from the sheltered beach over one mile into the calm waters of Geographe Bay.
After lunch we visit Canal Rocks where the Indian Ocean swells crash against the granite boulders in the Leeuwin Naturalist National Park. Following a short drive we visit the famous Leeuwin Estate Winery, one of the first wineries in the area and home of the annual outdoor Leeuwin Concert which has featured many famous international artists. You will have the opportunity to taste some of their fine wines before we continue on to “Contos” a hidden gem that hosts the World famous surfing beaches.
We are now in for a memorable drive through the unique Karri forests along Boranup Drive where the towering giants of the forest form a green and sheltered world underneath.
We arrive at Augusta, an unspoilt holiday town on the mouth of the deep tranquil waters of the Blackwood River.
Augusta Hotel – Ensuited Hotel Room (BLD)
Day 3 Augusta to AlbanyToday, our first stop is Cape Leeuwin lighthouse, a historic lighthouse with magnificent views that stands on the boundary of the Southern and Indian Oceans and is one of the three most signifiant marine navigation points in the Southern Hemisphere, The others being Cape Horn and the Cape of Good Hope.
Pemberton Gloucester Tree fire lookout
Rest Point, Walpole
Valley of the Giants – Tree top walk
Ocean Beach, Denmark
Albany Hotel – Ensuited Hotel Room (BLD)
DAY 5 Albany to Wave RockThe Porongorups, Granite Sky Walk
The Stirling Ranges, Bluff Knoll
Wave Rock Sunset Walk.
Wave Rock Motell – Ensuited Hotel Room (BLD)
DAY 7 Cape Le Grande National ParkCape Le Grande Beach
Lucky Bay Kangaroos
Thistle Cove Beach Walk.
Esperance Hotel – Ensuited Hotel Room (B,L,D)
DAY 9 Kalgoorlie to BalladoniaSuper Pit mine Tour
Balladonia Skylab Museum
Balladonia Motel – Ensuited Hotel Room (B,L,D)
DAY 11 Eucla to CedunaGreat Australian Bight Cliffs lookouts (4)
Head of Bight Whale watching (in season)
Ceduna Hotel – Ensuited Hotel Room (B,L,D)
DAY 12 Ceduna to Port LincolnWest Coast of the Eyre Peninsula
Port Lincoln Hotel – Ensuited Hotel Room (B,L,D)
DAY 13 - PORT LINCOLN to WILPENA POUNDEast Coast of the Eyre Peninsula
Cowel, Oyster Farming
Whyalla, steelworks and Frigate Whyalla
Port Augusta Hotel – Ensuited Hotel Room (B,L,D)
Day Fifteen - Adelaide FAREWELLThis morning enjoy some free time before being transferred to the airport for your return flight. (B)
$5,395pp Twin Share
$1475 Single Supplement applies
Southern Coast Explorer and Across the Nullarbor - 15 Day Perth to Adelaide
|Enquire||BOOK THIS DATE NOW|
It is recommended that you bring a torch, wet shoes (old trainers for walking in shallow water, sandals, a broad-brimmed hat, sunscreen, swimming costume and towel, good walking/trekking shoes and a personal water bottle.
It is also recommended that you bring insect repellent, warm clothes for the evening (particularly if travelling in Winter), personal toiletries and first aid, with any personal medication required.
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions can be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- This tour is only for fit and active people, who can hike 5-9kms a day over uneven terrain, often in high temperatures. Temperatures can be extreme i.e. very high during summer days and very cold during winter nights. The operator reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Due to distances covered, this trip involves early departures on some morning and frequent stops between destinations.
- This tour is not suitable for children.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended. Failure to purchase travel insurance may result in out of pocket expenses in the case of accident, illness or road closures. We recommend Travel Insurance that includes coverage for Medical Evacuation.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
These are the Terms and Conditions under which Kimberley Outback Tours noted below. Payment of the Tour deposit represents an acceptance of the Terms and Conditions. Please take the time to read and understand the conditions of booking set out below.
BOOKINGS, DEPOSITS & FINAL PAYMENTS
You are required to pay a non-refundable deposit of 20% per person per trip for your booking to be confirmed. The deposit will be required within 7 days of booking. The balance of payment is due 30 days prior to departure date. Prices are quoted in Australian Dollars inclusive of GST for Australia and are valid for travel until 30 September 2018.
CREDIT CARD FEES
If paying by credit card a small transaction fee of 1.1% is applicable. Cards accepted are Visa and MasterCard.
For cancellations made within 29 days of your scheduled departure, you will be held financially responsible for your entire reservation, unless Kimberley Outback Tours Pty Ltd can fill the vacancy. Changes of reservation date or early departure are treated as cancellations and will carry the same fee. You
For cancellations made within 29 days of your scheduled departure, you will be held financially responsible for your entire reservation, unless Kimberley Outback Tours Pty Ltd can fill the vacancy. Changes of reservation date or early departure are treated as cancellations and will carry the same fee. You are, however, always welcome to send a friend or a family member in your place.
Note: Management reserves the right to re-assign, cancel or change seats in unforeseen circumstances.
- 30 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit;
- Between15 and 29 days prior to departure, we will retain 50% of the total booking cost
- 14 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
Cancellation fees will not be waived as a result of:
• Sickness or injury.
• Delayed, rescheduled or missed flights or connected travelling.
• Climatic, political or social incidents
HEALTH, FITNESS & MOBILITY
We will assume all passengers are in good health and have a reasonable level of fitness and we are not liable for any injury, illness during any activity. If a passenger requires any special mental or physical assistance, then a companion to help and assist must accompany them.
We will not be responsible for any costs associated with cancellation penalties or the return of passengers from a tour, and a refund for lost touring cannot be claimed.
We strongly recommend comprehensive Travel Insurance be purchased to cover the loss of deposits, medical emergencies and all cancellation costs in case your health and fitness status should change.
BOOKING EXTRAS & LUGGAGE LIMITS
Passengers are requested to notify Kimberley Outback Tours of any special requirements, related to diet or health requirements at the time the booking is made. We will notify all third parties of these requirements and will endeavour to ensure they are met. However, we cannot guarantee that all special requirements will be met in all instances.
Luggage is restricted to 15-20kg soft bags per person with a small day pack for easy access of sunglasses, sunblock, camera, etc.. Passenger’s luggage is entirely at their own risk during the tour.
Kimberley Outback Tours do not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury, loss, damage, change of itinerary or inconvenience caused either directly or indirectly as a result of events which are outside of Kimberley Outback Tours control. Kimberley Outback Tours will not be liable for any loss, damage, omission or act of negligence or otherwise committed by third parties or other operators, their assignees or agents.
Itineraries are correct at time of publication and may differ slightly to the one displayed in the brochure/website. Occasionally itineraries change as operators make changes based on feedback from past travellers or due to weather or conditions.
GENERAL INFORMATION AND PARTICIPATION:
No seats are allocated on tour. Rotation of seats is encouraged for interaction with fellow passengers
- No smoking is allowed on board our tour vehicles.
- At the discretion of Kimberley Outback Tours, if any passengers conduct or condition is creating an unsafe environment for themselves, other passengers or tour operator, they will not be permitted access to the bus to continue the tour and no refund will be paid.
- Most tours require a certain level of participation. This may include assisting and cleaning with the preparation of meals and setting up camp.