Wonders of the West Kimberley Tour
5 days / 4 nights – Broome to Broome
Have a peek at the amazing Gibb River Road while visiting Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge nestled in the King Leopold Range & Imintji. Explore Tunnel Creek, Windjana Gorge, Bell Gorge, Manning Gorge, Galvans Gorge and the Outback on this short but feature packed tour.
Highlights & Inclusions
Relax a savour the vast beauty of the Kimberley on this short but amazing tour. Visit Tunnel Creek, Windjana, Bell, Manning and Galvans Gorge and the tranquil Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge.
- National Park and Attractions entry fees
- Part of the Gibb River Road
- Tunnel Creek
- Windjana Gorge
- Bell Gorge
- Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge (2 nights)
- Gorges of Mt Hart
- Imintji Camp (2 nights)
- Manning Gorge
- Galvans Gorge
The Wonders of the West Kimberley – 5 day/4 night Tour – Broome to Broome
Day One - Broome to Imintji
This morning starts early collecting guests from their accommodation. First stop is Tunnel Creek for an underground river walk, followed by the colourful and rugged Windjana Gorge with its vertical limestone cliffs, making for some impressive photos. After lunch, head to Imintji for the first night’s stay and learn of the rich history surrounding the community.
LD – Imintji Campground, basic tent with shared facilities
Day Two - MANNING & GALVANS GORGE
Making our way east along the Gibb River Road we arrive at Manning Gorge. After an easy hour walk, be rewarded with a swim in a massive and gorgeous waterfall-fed pool. Next stop, Galvans Gorge in the Philip Ranges where you will be able to take another refreshing dip below the waterfall. BLD
Stay: Imintji Campground, basic tent with shared facilities
Day Three - EXPLORING BELL GORGE
Today’s adventure we visit Bell Gorge, one of the most iconic gorges and waterfalls enjoying a day of swimming and exploring. After enjoying a picnic lunch adjacent to the top of the waterfall we make our way to Mt Hart, where you can relax for the rest of the afternoon before a bar delicious dinner.
BLD – Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge, en-suite Safari Tent
Day Four - EXPLORING MT HART
Following breakfast, we visit Dolerite Gorge and Annie Creek, then have an opportunity for a swim in a classic Kimberley billabong at Barker Pool. Mt Hart was originally a working cattle station, offering rich pastoral history, rustic ambiance and exceptional hospitality. BLD – Mt Hart Wilderness Lodge, en-suite Safari Tent
Day Five - RETURN TO BROOME
Heading to Derby, we visit the 1500 year-old Derby Prison Boab Tree and historic Myall’s Bore. Enjoy lunch and a casual stroll at the Derby Jetty. Than onto Broome to farewell our guests at their designated drop-offs. BL
$1,750 pp Twin Share
$1,950 per Single Traveller
Departure Dates – Tour Notes – Tour Vehicle Info – T&C’s
- Itineraries may vary and/or attractions can be substituted for any cause including seasonal conditions, weather extremes, traditional owner and national park requirements.
- This tour does require some level of fitness, most hikes are over uneven terrain, often in high temperatures. Temperatures can be extreme i.e. very high during summer days and very cold during winter nights. The operator reserves the right to assess the fitness capability of passengers prior to tour departure.
- Due to distances covered, this trip involves early departures on some morning and frequent stops between destinations.
- This tour is not suitable for children younger then 7 years old.
- Travel Insurance is strongly recommended. Failure to purchase travel insurance may result in out of pocket expenses in the case of accident, illness or road closures. We recommend Travel Insurance that includes coverage for Medical Evacuation.
- It is your responsibility to advise us if you have any special dietary requirements or medical conditions (including allergies) well ahead of departure.
- It is your responsibility to contact us with your preferred accommodation pick up point. If we do not hear from you, we will assume you will make your way to our default pick up point as listed on this document. We will not be responsible for missed pick-ups (and a missed tour) if we do not receive notification from you, and if you are not at the default pick up point at the appropriate time.
- 30 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit;
- Between15 and 29 days prior to departure, we will retain 50% of the total booking cost
- 14 days or less prior to departure, we will retain 100% paid by you in connection with the booking.
Cancellation fees will not be waived as a result of: • Sickness or injury. • Delayed, rescheduled or missed flights or connected travelling. • Climatic, political or social incidents HEALTH, FITNESS & MOBILITY We will assume all passengers are in good health and have a reasonable level of fitness and we are not liable for any injury, illness during any activity. If a passenger requires any special mental or physical assistance, then a companion to help and assist must accompany them. We will not be responsible for any costs associated with cancellation penalties or the return of passengers from a tour, and a refund for lost touring cannot be claimed. TRAVEL INSURANCE We strongly recommend comprehensive Travel Insurance be purchased to cover the loss of deposits, medical emergencies and all cancellation costs in case your health and fitness status should change. BOOKING EXTRAS & LUGGAGE LIMITS Passengers are requested to notify Kimberley Outback Tours of any special requirements, related to diet or health requirements at the time the booking is made. We will notify all third parties of these requirements and will endeavour to ensure they are met. However, we cannot guarantee that all special requirements will be met in all instances. Luggage is restricted to 15-20kg soft bags per person with a small day pack for easy access of sunglasses, sunblock, camera, etc.. Passenger’s luggage is entirely at their own risk during the tour. LIABILITY Kimberley Outback Tours do not accept any responsibility or liability for any injury, loss, damage, change of itinerary or inconvenience caused either directly or indirectly as a result of events which are outside of Kimberley Outback Tours control. Kimberley Outback Tours will not be liable for any loss, damage, omission or act of negligence or otherwise committed by third parties or other operators, their assignees or agents. Itineraries are correct at time of publication and may differ slightly to the one displayed in the brochure/website. Occasionally itineraries change as operators make changes based on feedback from past travellers or due to weather or conditions. GENERAL INFORMATION AND PARTICIPATION: No seats are allocated on tour. Rotation of seats is encouraged for interaction with fellow passengers
- No smoking is allowed on board our tour vehicles.
- At the discretion of Kimberley Outback Tours, if any passengers conduct or condition is creating an unsafe environment for themselves, other passengers or tour operator, they will not be permitted access to the bus to continue the tour and no refund will be paid.
- Most tours require a certain level of participation. This may include assisting and cleaning with the preparation of meals and setting up camp.